Firebug is one of the most popular and powerful web development tool. It facilitates lots of features including inspecting the web elements, debugging and editing of websites in real time and lot more it can do. While using Selenium as an automation tool, It’s a very handy and useful tool to inspect the properties of web elements present on the page. you can have more details about it on it’s official website: http://getfirebug.com/
1. Launch firefox browser.
2. Open http://getfirebug.com/
3. Click ‘Install Firebug’ button as show in below screen.
4. Click ‘Green Down’ icon shown in the below screen.
5. Click ‘Add to Firefox’ button as show below:
6. Firefox would bring up the dialog to restrict the installation without acceptance, thus click ‘Allow’ button.
7. Click ‘Install’ button.
8. Finally, Firebug installed successfully as shown below:
9. Now go to ‘Tools’ in the menu bar and choose Web Developer > Firebug > Open Firebug. OR simply press F12 key. – Firebug frame would come up as shown below.